97 9000 Windscreen Wiper Problem

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has either had this annoying problem, or can suggest a probable cause. My 97 9000CD has a problem in that sometimes when I have the windscreen wipers switched to Intermittent wipe (control lever in the Up position), suddenly they will start to wipe continuously.

They then get stuck in this position and I can't turn them off.

Switching to the Fast continuous wipe position (control lever fully down) does work, but switching back to Off or Intermittent just returns them to the slower continuous wipe.

This will last for variable amounts of time, then suddenly fix itself.

All suggestions & advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Reply to
The Goatboy

Sounds like the parking switch in the wiper motor is knackered.

Reply to
Adrian England

Thanks Adrian,

I'll have a look at that.