Nissan Tino windscreen wipers

The wipers on my Tino recently started playing up. They work OK in continuous wipe, but in intermittent they only go through about 60% of the cycle and stop in the middle of the windscreen. The next cycle it goes another 60% and stops in the middle somewhere else. The same happens with the single wipe. Rather than flicking the wiper lever once to get a single wipe, I have to hold the lever up until the wiper has returned back to the 'parked' position.

When it was in the garage for its MOT they said the problem was with the motor, and would cost £180 to replace. Does this seem sensible?

Stephen.

Reply to
StephenSoutar