Ad

I have uncovered 7 Brake calliper piston wind back tools for the classic 900 and 99 with the handbrake on the front, Genuine Saab tool, If interested e-mail me, Ten quid each, including post. Uk only.Regards, Tom.

Reply to
saabtech

Anyone who doesn't have one - this is really, /really/ worth having. Much easier than circlip pliers.

Reply to
Grunff

Absolutely. I ended up making one in the machine shop, worked fine but without the tool or a real equivalent, the job is a real bitch.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

It is fairly easy to make a dedicated tool. A piece of flat metal rod (10-15x2 mm) with two holes using correct distance, two M4 screws (or was it M3?) and two nuts will make the job. I used this tool for many years in the

99/900 days and it was much better than standard circlip pliers.
Reply to
th

I used two #10 cap head screws, into threaded holes I put right in the flat stock, but yes. That's right around your M4. A couple drops of Loctite, and there it is.

Yes, circlip pliers are a good way to get a lot of swearing done for this job.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

been there, done that, and at 1/8th of a turn per swear word.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

It sounds like you'd need to special order an extra large supply of swears to get the whole job done.

Reply to
- Bob -

Luckily, I come prepared with a diverse and multi-lingual vocabulary for same. Many tools for many jobs, y'know? But yes, the half hour spent in the shop was worth the effort.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Funnily enough, I found a bag full in the Saab tool kit in the boot, with full english->Swedish translation available too. I guess it was for if/when the wheel brace fails.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo