Advice on modifying a Viggen 2000

Hello,

I own a Viggen 2000 and I enjoy driving it. I would very much like to increase the HP though..to say 300 HP. Who do I go and ask for such modifications. My SAAB mechanic mentioned to me that all i need is the codes changed on the chip and that will do it. If i modify the codes will my brakes and suspension suffer because of increased horsepower? Does anyone know a garage that can do the above for me.I live in Montreal, Canada.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tacobell

Reply to
Tacobell

Looks like a flood of performance enhancement requests has come along.

There's only one outfit that knows your car intimately and knows how to win races..... No-one else comes close !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Pooh Bear" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

What a shitload of crap!

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

"Tacobell" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Hi Tacobell.

I would strongly recommend the leading swedish Saab-tuner:

The have a US dealer:
They're serious and are the company that knows the most of your car. The other company that is mentioned, is an England based company, that used to be serious. But today they "steal" their software setup from - Maptun. I recommend to use the "original". :o)

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

I would also suggest

in the USA. Actually a dealer in RI, very helpful folks. They have a stage-3 kit that will get you to 280hp without major engine internal mods. If you are going to this kind of HP you should probably think about some suspension tuning too.

You need to consider

Reply to
Bob

Seconded... bunch of **** Very clever at marketing, I'll give them that.

Reply to
murphwiz

I'm inclined to agree with Henrik.

Reply to
Grunff

"Grunff" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@echo.uk.clara.net...

The name of one og the Abbott-brothers is also Graham...

Reply to
Henrik B.

Or BSR available from

Johannes

I went to look at mapturn's website and I they suggest that stage 1 should be a re-programmed ECU. Abbott suggests that i should tune my Viggen first and then re-programme the ECU. A re-programmed ECU will give my car an additional 40 HP. Will this horsepower make the chassis and handling more difficult? According to Abbott I should prepare the chassis before re-programming the ECU.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Tacobell

Reply to
Tacobell

"Tacobell" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Hi Tacobell.

As long as we're talking a Stage-1 upgrade, your chassis and brakes should do just fine. Although you might need a firmer grip on the steeringwheel. ;o)

It's when you get further than Stage-1, you should start thinking about: Brake-upgrade, hardware-upgrade and maybe chassis. It's then it starts to get expensive.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.