Performance Modifications 2000 V6 Accord

I have 2000 Honda V6 Accord and I am looking for simple modifications that would increase horsepower. What changes would deliver the most bang for the buck?

Are aftermarket computer chips available and if so, does anyone have any recommendations? Does changing to a less restrictive air filter help and if so, would I realize these gains with the stock exhaust system?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Savoy

"Mark Savoy" wrote in news:GrDag.7843$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

I think you need to have the ECU reworked to replace the "chip". Hondata may have a programmable ECU for your model.

Get a COLD-air intake.(CAI),then a low-restriction exhaust system,or a "cat-back" exhaust.(hopefully one with a -quiet- muffler)

The CAI is the cheapest HP gain,then the cat-back exhaust.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Mark Savoy" wrote in news:GrDag.7843$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net: > I have 2000 Honda V6 Accord and I am looking for simple modifications > that would increase horsepower. What changes would deliver the most > bang for the buck? > > Are aftermarket computer chips available and if so, does anyone have > any recommendations? I think you need to have the ECU reworked to replace the "chip". Hondata may have a programmable ECU for your model. > Does changing to a less restrictive air filter help and if so, would I > realize these gains with the stock exhaust system? Get a COLD-air intake.(CAI),then a low-restriction exhaust system,or a "cat-back" exhaust.(hopefully one with a -quiet- muffler) The CAI is the cheapest HP gain,then the cat-back exhaust.

This information is for the original poster: I suggest that you visit a magazine store or large book store and buy these two magazines: "Import Tuner"

"Honda Tuning"

You should get some great ideas from those two magazines and find ads for exhaust systems and less restrictive air filters mentioned in the above post.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Johnson