2005 Saab 9-5 Trunk Wont Open

2005 Saab 9-5 My remote key and the interior side panel door button will not pop the trunk. there is no noise associated with pushing the buttom (only light flashing) and the key remote opens and locks car door ( trunk button does not work). anybody knows what is wrong Thanks
Reply to
Nick

Mine does that from time to time. In the meantime, I laid down the backseat and tied a small rope to the interior 'glow in the dark' pull handle, and keep it handy. I have discovered I have some sort of electrical ground or short that I cannot find. It has to do with the left rear taillights though. Sometimes I get a taillight error on the SID and one of the taillights will be out. One time I got out of the car, went back and tapped the lens cover, and the light came on/error went away for a while.

You might check your fuses. I have a 2004 9-5 Aero, and the fuse panel just inside the drivers door I think was #8, a 10 amp fuse ... otherwise, it could be something else and I don't know.

--Jim

Reply to
Spike9458

this sounds familiar - i have an 03 9-5 3.0 TiD, and i think this got done on a manufacturer fix a your or 2 back. I think they had to sort out something in the wiring.

not sure if this is your issue, and whether a manufacturer paid for fix would still be valid - but maybe check with an official dealer if you can find one still open near you?

Reply to
Stephen

Thanks guys

Reply to