Anyone Here Using NGK Irirdium Plugs?

If you are using them are you getting better gas mileage and performance? Thanks for any comments.

Reply to
markcharles

Sounds like some marketing bull... Better stick to the exact NGK types specified by Saab. The engine management system is closely designed around those types and it is well known that a departure often causes problems.

Reply to
Johannes

My son uses them on his 1987 9000T because I service it for him! Seem to work OK and last a long time. My 96 and 99 don't have a management system apart from the driver.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

And even in the older Saab's which don't have any electronic engine management, using the specified NGK plugs removes one possible cause of problems when something goes wrong. I run BP6ES's in my two non-turbo 8V C900's and the turbo car has a brand new quad of BP7ES's fitted. They're actually replacing some horribly coked Bosch 'super-4' plugs - pic is available at:

that shows the Bosch plugs when they'd been removed. Some of them had carbon buildups so bad that it was shorting the centre electrode directly to earth!

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Actually they're not super-4's but I did remove some super-4's from my white

900S engine which were not quite as bad. Still don't recommend them - seems like more of a gimmick to have a four-pronged earth electrode.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Hey Guys, I have a complete list of the Saab/NHK recommended spark plugs for all of the c900 series vehicles. If you guys want I can post it here or on my site.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

in article shRZf.706780$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, Jeremy Brown at snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote on 08/04/2006 17:12:

I think that would be very useful ...yes, please!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

And even more useful would be to have it on a web page somewhere, so if you'd like to see the information made into a simple web page, let me know and I'll happily credit the info to Jeremy.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

I am coding it as we "speak". I have the page set up and have created a downloadable PDF. I also coding a VIN number table and engine coding guide. I need to reconfigure the site to accomidate the new page.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

in article e19ar1$gat$ snipped-for-privacy@yoda.apana.org.au, Craig's Saab C900 Site at snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au wrote on 08/04/2006 22:44:

:)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I like your web site very much, but you can also get spark plug information directly from NGK covering all Saab models from Saab 90 and onwards.

Johannes

Actually, on more recent SAABs (model year 2000 on) the exact plugs specified by SAAB *are* NGK iridium plugs.

Reply to
Fred W