AS2 & AS3

I'm looking to get a (2nd hand year old) 9-5 Aero. I'd really like one with an AS3 stereo. I need to know.....

  1. Does the AS3 sound that much better than the AS2?
  2. If I got a 9-5 with an AS2, could it be upgraded to an AS3? if so, how much would it be?

Many Thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave

That is up to each listener to decide, but most listeners seems to hold the AS3 system way above the AS2 system.

An "upgrade" would involve replacement of the amplifier, replacement of ALL speakers, two new speakers for the rear shelf (sedan) or one new speaker for the luggage area (wagon), and new wires from amplifier to rear speakers. No "upgrade kit" for this is available from dealers. Doing this with spare parts will be very expensive. Doing this with breakers yeard parts can be done at a reasonable cost.

My homepage has lots of information about the audio systems in the 9-5: <

Goran Larsson

Dramatically better, yes.

I think you want Goran's FAQ - if he doesn't jump in here I'll find it. Short answer: not practical.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks guys. Looked at Goran's site - very useful. Might just look out for a 9-5 with an AS3

Cheers Dave

Reply to
Dave

You won't regret it. Dark Side of the Moon is absolutely _stunning_, if your musical tastes are compatible with it. The spatial imaging is phenomenal, which that album shows off very well.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I'd really like an AS3. Problem is, even though there are quite a few 9-5's I've found that are suitable for me (age/price/mileage), I've found none with an AS3, and only 1 with the lux pack that the AS3 comes with. I shall continue my search!

Reply to
Dave