Aux drive belt tension/replacement ?

To anyone who can help :) I recently lost my auxillary drive belt to an "Idle pulley" on my NG900 On replacing pulley (small one top left, if looking from the off-side of vehicle) and routing the belt, I'm struggling to release what I believe to be the "tensioner" (as I'm aware the tensioner is self-adjusting and sits below the idle pulley) It appears to be held by a "T-35" female bolt, but the gap between the bolt and the inner wing is too small for me to fit any of my "bits" in there?? Please, any info on this would be gratefull. It looks like a special tool is needed (if this is the bolt to slacken the tensioner) allthough this does seem extreme for what looks like a simple job. Otherwise I'm stuck and my beautifull little baby, is going to stay on my drive forever :(

Reply to
Riklaw

There is a square hole in the top of the tensioner, Use a 1/2 inch drive socket extension in that hole and pull towards the front of the car, There is a small hole in the side to lock the tensioner using a punch or drill bit, Don`t undo the bolt in the centre.........

Reply to
saabtech

Many thanks, after playing a little more last night, I realised the pulley moved down and guessed it wasn't a good idea to touch that awkward little bolt (I guess that's why it's awkward to get to!) Although I could have looked at that pulley all day and wouldn't have realised you could lock it into position! as it was I spent 10mins levering the pulley down (minus the belt on pulley) wondering how I was going to do this with the belt on. Again thank you :) from one happy little Saab owner, Riklaw.

Reply to
Riklaw