Blower fan causes misting

Can anyone shd some light on this problem that has recently begun with my 1997 9000 2.0t CDE?
Once the heat starts to come through the ventilation system (the car has
ACC), the windows all start to mist up to the point that I can no longer see out. The only way to clear it is to open all windows and set the aircon to LOW so it blows cold air again.
I guess there must be water getting into the system somewhere, but I don't know where to start.
Any ideas?
Simon Q

Probably there is a leak in the heater (or rather in the gaskets towards the in/outgoing pipes). It's a rather tricky piece of work to change the gaskets (I think the Haynes manual has something like 35 steps for this repair) and not all workshops (even authorised Saab workshops!) are willing to make the repair if the car has an ACC. To temporarily solve the problem before a final repair I released the lid for the cooling system such that there was no overpressure when the engine was running. It works during the cold seasons but makes the engine run a bit colder than usual.
--
th

most likely a heater core.
it's a bummer to fix too. The only thing more difficult to replace is the blower motor itself. I think it was the first thing put into the car and they build the rest of the car around it.

see
Thanks for the ideas Bill & th. Now you mention it, the blower fan has been squeaking for the last 2 or 3 months, so I suppose the whole lot can be done at one go. Not sure if it will be me though ;-)
Simon

my
don't
If it is the heater core, you should have a greasy film on your windows and smell anti-freeze in the cabin. If not, here's another possibility which I experienced in my 1998 9000CSE. The fresh air intake is opened and closed by a motor which is prone to failure. Mine was stuck in the 'no fresh air' position. On cold days all windows would fog up after about 15 minutes of driving. I have seen posts on other forums stating that it is expensive to replace this motor, so I solved the problem by forcing the motor into the fresh air position and then disconnecting it. It's been over a year with no problems.
Mike 86 900 87 900S 90 900S 92 9000 98 9000CSE