Brake light problem

I have a '99 9-3 2.0i turbo. I get the "Brake light failed" error a lot.. well every few months but i do a lot of driving. Anyway, I just change the bulb whenever it asks. On this occasion, the bulb is working but it doesnt 'get brighter' whenever i press the brake pedal. Its the passenger side light thats not working, the drivers and central is fine.

Looking at the bulb 'caddy' with the three bulbs, all three light normally, and the two "red" ones are on together (when i have the lights on) and the indicator is fine. When i press the brake, the central and drivers side work but the passenger side remains unchanged.

Any ideas?

Reply to
daveyt

That sounds like a pretty normal failure. Either one of the filaments in the bulb has blown, or there's a dodgy connection on that cluster. Swapping the bulb with the one on the other side of the car will tell you if it's the bulb or not.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp