bye bye saab hello routemaster bus

Looks like I may be having to say good bye to my trusty 1990, 900i to make way (economically) for a 1960's London Routemaster Bus, unfortunately the ones with Scania engines (fitted in 1997) were a bit too pricey.

If anyones got a bit of space for rent within or around the M25 please let me know, it seems parking is going to be a bit of a problem!

Cheers, Gwilym.

Reply to
GG

Be careful going under bridges though. This has resulted in terrible accidents in the past.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Expanded the family a bit ?

Reply to
Bob

Oh yes, that's right. One friend of mine, who works for British Secret Service, had that kind of trouble couple of decades ago. James drove under too low bridge, lost whole second floor and ended up to a pond with the bus. Well, he said he was on a business trip and in the middle of some sort of a tricky situation that involved guns and everything when that happened. Anyway, we have called him James The Pond ever since.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

I remember there was a case on an ordinary bus route. A new driver was unfamiliar with the route and took the wrong turn that lead under a bridge.

16 passengers was killed on the second floor.
Reply to
Johannes H Andersen