Clicking sound from under car -- wheels?

I hear a loud clicking sound off-and on when driving. Sounds like a rock stuck on a tire, but looked at all and don't see anything. Any ideas? have a 1992 Saab Turbo convertible. Thanks.

Reply to
madison41

Check the serpentine belt. It could be shredding and hitting the inside of teh hood or other parts of the engine. I had the same issue on my '94 9000 the other week.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Will do. But I only hear the cound when the car moves, not when idling. And the sound gets fast (and louder) when I accelerate. Thanks!

Reply to
madison41

Reply to
Peter Bennett

Yes, exactly.

Reply to
madison41

Yes, exactly.

Reply to
madison41

Then it has to be something related to wheel rotation. I'd really suspect a rock you are not seeing, maybe a black piece of tar stuck in a tread.

Just as a caution though, make sure all your lugs nuts are properly torqued (or at least tight if you don't have a torque wrench).

Can you get as assistant to join you and try to lean out the windows to identify a side ?

Reply to
still me

Is it more pronounced when the wheels are turned? If yes, the it's a CV joint.

Reply to
Keyser Soze