Clicking sound and security light flashing - 4Runner

I left my 2000 4Runner parked for about 5 hours. When I returned, it was making a clicking sound, the light red security light was flashing on and ff and the battery was dead. I have never seen anything like this and I do not believe anyone messed with it.

Any ideas on this?

Reply to
Letschacha

Sounds like your alarm went off repeatedly for a long time and ran the battery down so low that that horn couldn't sound. Clicking noise was probably from the horn relay clicking on and off. If you didn't hear the alarm sound - check to see if your horn works (may have been disconnected).

I kept getting false alrms in my 98 4Runner. Turns out the under dash vibration sensor had been installed upside down.

Reply to
Redfish

Thanks. I think that is what happened. I replaced my battery and all is well.

Reply to
Letschacha