Custom Radiator and oil cooler hoses???

Where would one go to source someone to make these?

The semi-rigid 'bends' of the rad hoses need to be critical and measured to within around 1/8 inch. The oil cooler hoses can be a little more forgiving!

Given that it will be a rather 'limited edition' run of say 10 off for each hose, I'd rather not pay the price of Buckinghamshire :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

For engines that shouldn't fit I use L & H Brakes and Hoses at Lichfield Street Stoke on Trent. They sell whats called Ronnieflex hoses. In fact I believe that Halfruds sell a similar item but they never did the ones I needed.

There must be a similar outlet up your way I'd guess.

It's way simpler when both ends of the hose are the same...gets tricky when one ends common garden top hose size and the others elephants trunk 4.2 gas guzler size... now that was soooo much fun I can remember the tears still now ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Reply to
Foxhunter

Mother

Why didn't you ask? You just did.....

Oil cooler hoses very easy - anything from £15 to £300 each depending on material!!! Both of these price extremes are for hoses with proper swaged on ends - people who use wormdrive clips on oil hoses deserve to have oil sprayed all over them and their engine bay!

Radiator hoses - if we can make them out of bits no problem. If they need to be made individually to a pettern out of silicone I will need a pattern and you will need a chair! Send me a pattern and I can sort them.

David LLAMA 4x4 ( Home of the Indoor 4x4 Show & motorsport hydraulics!! )

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

The question or more importantly, the answer, will help me decide whether or not to do a complete revamp of the cooling system on Grumble. I'd had an idea of having a new rad made, placing it at the front of the 'hole' in the 101, erm, if that makes sense, then moving the oil cooler down and angled slightly.

Now, I've sussed making the rad and cooler (Jeremy Fearn I reckon), but then I started to look at the overall positioning of where everything will go and thought that it would be necessary to have specifically made hoses...

Watch this space... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Why don't you just fit a huge fan onto it, and do away with the water cooling?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hrmm. Interesting Idea.