Dash cracks....

My dash is finally starting to crack in a couple of spots. Is there anything I can do stop or at least slow the cracking?

Thanks, Lionel(91 900NT)

Reply to
Lionel Hutz

What model ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore (Eeyore ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Since his sig says "'91 900", I think we can hazard a guess...

Reply to
Adrian

Stress relieve the crack by drilling a clean circular hole at each end of the crack. Then fill the crack and holes with silicone of the same colour as the dash. The crack will not be stopped totally (because the dash material is degrading) but it will be slowed down. You can further slow it down by putting a dash mat on it.

Reply to
E. Newnes