Door Speakers in 02 9-3

I'm thinking about upgrading my stereo and I would like to install speakers in the doors. There currently aren't any speakers there now. I tried to remove the speaker covers with no luck. Does the whole door panel have to be removed? Do you think the wiring is already there and I just need to connect the speakers? Any help appreciated.

Thanks for your time, MJ

Reply to
MJ

I think the whole door panel has to come off, and the speaker grilles are built in to it. I wouldn't have thought the wiring is there, as the extra speakers come with a factory upgrade which includes an auxiliary amplifier. I'm sure I've seen the whole kit for sale on a UK parts site, but probably quite expensive!

I personally left the head unit as it was (didn't want to lose steering wheel controls) and replaced the existing OE speaker units with quality ones. My rears needed a bit of modification, although I'm sure most 6" x

9"s would fit OK, and the fronts are little JBLs which slot straight in.

Hope this is some help

Daniel UK 9-3 1999 SE-T

Reply to
1