Fog lights

When I removed the plastic cover under the front end to access the fog light, I found that the bulb will not come out of the device that holds it. The old fog light bulb wont break loose of the metal thing it plugs into. Any tips or suggestions?

Reply to
9000Aero

Frank Vuotto ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You may wish to bear in mind that in the UK it's illegal to use foglights - front or rear - unless visibility is seriously reduced. Far too many people just stick 'em on anyway because it "looks k3wl" without worrying about the fact they're often adjusted badly enough to dazzle other road users.

I appreciate that the legal restriction may not apply wherever you are.

Reply to
Adrian

I had to take unit out on my '93 CSE to change a bulb (foglights in the front spoiler) There are few screws under the front spoiler. I thought I'd clean the inside of the lens while I had it out but it's all sealed together. Goofy design.

Speaking of foglights... I wanted to use mine as running lights but they won't go on unless another set of lights are on and that defeats the purpose. I cut the green wire on foglight switch and ran the part of the wire that goes to the switch to a tap on the green/white wire on the normal light switch (above). This works great and does exactly what I want.

Frank /~

@/

Reply to
Frank Vuotto

I think most laster Saab require some spoiler, or inner fender, or headlight (top down access) removal to change fog bulbs.

On NG900's (and anything later I bet) the dealer can program the Tech II to make this work for you. I had it done to mine so I could use them as I saw fit.

Reply to
still me