fog lights

I've got a 99 Frontier and I'd like to replace the fog lights with something brighter. I haven't gotten under the truck yet to look at the old ones. Are they an entire light that has to be replaced or is it just a bulb that can be replaced?

Reply to
tranch

Why would you want to? They are FOG Lights. Installing the wrong bulbs is probably going to reduce their usefulness for the intended application. If you are one of those inconsiderate people who rides around with fog lights on all the time, then making them brighter will only annoy more people. Is it your goal to piss off your fellow drivers? If you need more light for driving on mostly empty / dark roads at night, then buy a good set of driving lights and wire them to come on with the high beams. Don't give in to the temptation to compete with rice boys.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

If it's just a bulb... be careful about changing to brighter (higher wattage) bulbs. I have seen many instances where after this was done... problems from the additional heat and current draw... including melting of various lamp housings and bulb sockets will cause failures in a very short time.

Telstar Electronics

Question: Do you want brighter fog lights or do you want driving lights?

Reply to
Bob