From J.W. Vester - Saab USA

Does anyone believe this? Is this really J.W. Vester????

Re: Businesweek: Pontiac, Buick, and Saab would follow... Posted by J.W. Vester - Saab USA (more from J.W. Vester - Saab USA) on Fri,= 29 Apr 2005 10:03:11 In Reply to: Businesweek: Pontiac, Buick, and Saab would follow..., Saab900= guy, Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:28:38 The big draw for GM to Saab is the fact that= Saab represents a unique position in the GM product portfolio. Consider th= e following:

Saab is GM___s one and only European premium brand.

Saab is GM___s most recognizable global brand.

Because there is very little interaction with other GM makes, virtually all= Saab business is plus business to General Motors.

And, last but not least, Saab customers are among the most desirable in the= industry - significantly younger, wealthier and better educated than the a= verage car buyer.

I turn, for Saab globally and for Saab in the US, being part of the GM fami= ly presents the best opportunity to grow and develop a product portfolio th= at will allow Saab to effectively compete in the global premium car market.

GM's huge investements in the Saab brand and a whole range of new products,= such as the 9-3 SportCombi, Aero V6 Turbo and 9-7X SUV are the best eviden= ce of GM's unwaivering commitment to Saab.

posted by 198.208.22..

Reply to
Saab Guy

Fortunately it doesn't mention the ill-fated Saabaru (aka the 9-2, aka 'wasaabi') which has never been sold here in Australia. I wonder if we'll see the 9-7X here - we already have 9-3 and 9-5 models which are pretty much smack bang in the middle of what GM would call 'standard product' when looking at the Saab brand.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site