FS: Some Of My Saab Bits

Selling off some of Saab spares due to moving house. Two on e-bay are

Saab/Mitsi TE-05 Turbo

Carlsson/Airflow Bumpers and Arches
Also got loads of other spares, 15" Aero's, Space Saver Spares (with new tyres), Poly Bushes, Nylon Bushes, Standard Saab Bushes, APC Boxes, Rocker Covers, Cyl Heads, Inlet manifolds, Header Tanks, Light Clusters, Gear Sticks, Gear Linkages, Steering Wheels, Engines, Shells, Interiors etc. Let me know what your after.

Also a Black 1981 99 Turbo 3 Door, With Red Velour interior and Super Inca's. 10 Months MOT and 4 Months Tax. Mechanics are great (using it everyday at the moment), Shell is Sound, New rear arms, dampers, brakes etc. Usual Rust in doors and Tailgate and a little bit at bottom of front wings (but I have repaired this and I mean a proper repair, those who know me will understand). Great car and sooooo much fun and drop some 900 doors and a 900 tailgate on it and it'd be mint. Fully undersealed and WaxOyled. Want £500 for it, or if you'd like complete with new doors, tailgate and painted we can come to an arangement (BTW all this is the one I said I'd never sell cos I'd wanted a Black 99 Turbo 3 Door since I was 6, needs must :-( )

Cheers All Matt

m.faulks@"nospamta"btinternet.com Remove "nospamta" to reply.

Reply to
**-**

I need a 900 rear left light - the outer corner peice, with indicator/brake/reverse on it. Got a non-broken one?

You're crazy!! How can you sell that? How?!? Sell your wife/kids/dog/whatever - but don't sell the 99! You know how hard they are to get hold of..

Where are you Matt?

Reply to
Grunff

Have Indeed

Yes yes yes I know please don't rub it in anymore. Missus is preggers at the mo so thats partly the reason, other is moving out of the current house so I'm gonna lose my storage :-(. It really is a good un. Goes like a little rocket (obviously) Looked around for years until I got this one. Spent quite a bit on it. Its made even worse by the fact that the only real rot on the car is on the easily replaced bits. The actual shell is sound. I think the chap who purchased it originaly emptied about 4 gallons of waxoyl into it. EVEN WORSE is the fact that its the 3 Door super Inca'd Red Velour "Human League Video (IIRC)" Version :-(

About halfway between Leicester and Coventry. Can Deliver for a small cost?

Reply to
**-**

I know here you're coming from. My "I will never sell this car" one was a 1978 99 combi coupe. I'd kill to have it back.

I'm in Devon, so it's the best part of a day return :-(

I'll have a word with the boss and get back to you.

Boss wants photos. Got any?

Reply to
Grunff

Not on me but if you give me until its light then I'll take some for you, can do you a vid as well if your on broadband.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Broadband - good one...

We are severely out in the sticks - barely have electricity.

Can you chat for a while? Do you icq? if so, I'm 249382363.

If not, go to

and log in. If you haven't got time now, no worries.

Reply to
Grunff

I'm there.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Hi Matt, I want to replace all the bushes on my T16 . It's a 1987 model - what've you got for it?

Anything else to make the car better you'd recommend?

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Well its more what can I make you. Nylon I make, Poly I buy in. On my T16 I run 2 part Nylon bushes on the front wishbones, poly on the shocks, and a similar mix on the rear. Tightens it up no end but you do 'feel' the road a bit more, if you want to really remove the play rosejoint the front wishbones as well, great for the track and smooth A roads, not so good for those 100mph cross country dashes down B roads.

Run a bit of neg camber on the front as well, turns in much better. Replace the front A/R bar with a softer version (any decent engineering co should be able to make you one) or just remove it all together, personally I like the softer from A/R setup as you get a nice sniff of understeer before the back drifts out.

Obviously the normal engine tweeks of APC, FPR (if its a 2.8bar one, if it is and you can't find a 3.0bar just squeeze the 2.8 in a vice). Brakes need some attention for heavy use, go with decent discs, decent fluid and some Mintex 1144's. Late 9000 Callipers are an easy swap (bigger pad) or for £1300 you get these.

325mm Grooved Rotors on Separate Billet Aluminium Bells, Brembo 4 Pot Aluminium 4 pots on Billet Ally Mounts, Goodridge Braided hoses front and rear and Mintex 1155's front and 1144's rear, they tend to stop you reasonably well.

Realistic limit for a B202 on Standard (Bosch) management is 270bhp, some playing and supplemental controllers will get you 300bhp. Can supply and fit for 270bhp (rangers from 260 - 283bhp based on past experience) for £3800, this includes 30# injections, Apexi S-AFC Fuel Controller, Adjustable Vac Advance/Retard, 4 Core Chargecooler with much much straighter induction path, Pacet Rad Fan, Microdynamics Coil, Omex Rev Limited w/ Launch Control, Turbo Technics Trim 60 FP Spec T3, AquaMist Water Injection, FP APC box, Bailey Dump Valve (recirc or atmo your choice) NGK 7EV's, 3" Bore Exhaust, FP Cone Filter, Battery relocation to boot, FP Boost Cut and FSE Fuel Pump. From here its a case of the next size up of Fuel Pump, 1.8bar of boost dialed in and theres 300bhp, but at this point engine life is reduced considerably. Yes I'm expensive but its all kit designed by me to bolt 'properly' into the C900 and its honed by my T16 thats done 5000 miles of fast road and track.

Pics of mine on

and check out the chargecooler

£1200 will get you full shell prep with a Mutli-Point weld in role cage with door bars, Re-enforcement plates on chassis legs etc and seam/stitch welding where necessary. We'll also do bottom wishbone re-enforcement, uprated rear arm mounts and a few other bits at the same time. This will give you a shell so stiff that when you jack it on one jacking point it will lift three wheels.

Let me know how much cash you have to play with, you'd be surprised how much more you can get out of a C900 for £100. Start with suspension, then brakes, then BHP.

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

Bloody hell Matt!! You don't do thing by halves, do you...

Reply to
Grunff

;-)

I'm esp proud of my chargecooler. Not only does it take all but 3 of the

90degree bends out of the induction its also shortens the induction lengh by nearly a metre and the CC core is much much free'er flowing than the stock IC, result is mint throttle response rather than the elastic band type that comes as standard and a lot lot less lag. Oh it also holds a stable (very low) inlet temp for nearly 8mins of 1.8bar full boost lunacy.

Would you like the 400bhp Evo 3 Spec? Cause thats whats going into mine next. Even comes with a serial port in the dash to download telemetry, god bless DTA's wonderful ECU's.

If you work it out its not actually that bad

Decent T16S Aero = £2000 FP Brakes = £1300 FP Stage 2 Performance Package = £3800 FP Shell Prep = £1200 FP Suspension Package (Track Version) = £1400 incl adjustable spring platforms and rose joints, nylon/poly bushing etc. FP Wheel Pack (Track Version) = £1550, consists of Compomotive Mo's and Either Avon or Yoko cut slick rubber. Total = £11250.

-At this point you can pretty much 'do' anything production that takes your fancy, M3's around Donnington, Ferrari 355's around Mallory, Chap on a GSXR around the Ring and tussle big time with a 911 GT2 around Silverstone

Go one stage further with Full interior track prep for 800quid, Polycarb side windows for £220, Sparco Evo Seat for £200, 5 Point Sabelt Harness, £120. Run Toluene/AvGas mix for

106 octane, 2bar boost (budget £1000 for suitable hybrid), Re-built B234 Cyl Head, 92mm Overbore and a Set of Cosworth Forged Pistons (bout £1000 for all three), balance bottom end and run 7000rpm limit(400quid), DTA Managment at £2000 incl setup and rolling road time.

Total Cost £16990.

-Enter it into Formula Saloons Class C and enjoy not only winning Class C but also making fun of most of the chaps in B running ex Mid-Late 90's BTCC stuff.

Matt

Reply to
**-**
**-** ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to
Adrian

Well if you do win remember that you can have 10 of the above for the price of a 360 ;-)

Reply to
**-**

lo matt you got any bits to upgrade a 9-5 2.3lpt auto 1998 hanging about? or maybe a decent leather interior for same car?

jason.

Reply to
jasonoc

Whats your budget? e-mail me, snipped-for-privacy@faulksperformance.co.uk to discuss.