Hatch rattles

I have a 2001 9-3 4 door with a hatch that rattles more than I'd like. Does anyone have any experience getting it to quiet down? While it closes easily, all it takes is a solid close of one of the rear doors to make the hatch visibly move up and down a bit. I thought originally it might be just the cargo cover, but without it installed the noise is of course even more pronounced. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rob

2001 9-3 Linear
Reply to
rob pazdan

Does it take a little effort to close the doors? I was told once that this is normal because this vintage Saabs are very airtight cars. Because of that, I also always assumed that a little visible movement of the hatch was normal too.

Thanks,

-Dima

Reply to
Dima