Heated seat questions

Hi,

The car is a 9000 CSE 1997 UK model. Driver's heated seat not working but I have more checking to do this weekend to see if the problem is in the element.

My haynes manual shows an electrical diagram only for the 1985 model (right/wrong?) Does the car use the same electricals for heating the seats as the first models?

Is there a relay between switch and seat or does the switch act as a relay? When it worked there was a relay like sound coming from the switch itself or somewhere near it.

If the problem is at the element on the seat, am I correct in thinking the complete seat would have to come out in order to be stripped etc?

Thank you Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

If your car is anything like a c900, you might be able to fix the element by soldering any breaks back together. I did this on a 900, and it worked briefly, but the element quickly re-broke in another place. I think I need to replace the worn out padding in my seat for any fix to be permanent.

John

Reply to
John B