TEGGER??? Need advice/help on cd install

Eh Tegger or anyone else who could offer some help.

Ok, I have a 03 Acura TL. I am installing a aftermarket Unit and want to get my sub and amp still in operation to maintain that good sound.

It has been at the shop he is having difficulty getting the amp/sub to work w/ the unit.

So here is my question. After a quick search online, I found this link. It looks like it will work to me, and afterall it is on a Acura Forum.

Will this work? Any other suggeestions? I need to know this tonite, tomorrow after 10am eastern standard time (canada) is too late as I will be going to shop and he will be starting at 930am. I did give him these instructions to try and he feels it should be good.

Help on this one please.

Thank

In case the link does not work, I have copied and pasted the details below

Here is a simple mod to make the stock Bose sub in our back panel work when changing out to and aftermarket headunit.

What you'll need:

-About 15ft of speaker wire.

-An RCA splitter

-15ft of just plain wire

-One RCA either already split into 2 wires, or an old set of RCA's your willing to cut.

How to:

1) First, lift off the back sit bottom and remove the bolts holding on the seat back. Lift off the seat and remove. On the right side of the car you will see the sub amplifier. Find the wiring harness and cut back the tape or protective wire lume to expose alll the wires.

2) Second, you're going to look for 2 wires colored blue/green and orange/blue, or on the other side of the connection those same wires will be just yellow and the second purple. These wires are the source for the sub amplifier. Here you will take the 15ft of speaker wire and solder on to the labeled wires. Positive on one and Negative on the other, polarity doesn't matter. Now take the 15ft of single wire you have and solder this one to the orange wire on one side, which is equivalent to blue after the harness. This will be the remote turn on when the radio is on.

3) Third, run these wires under the carpet and under the plastic panels making it all the way up to behind the radio and pull them through to let them hang. Here you will use the stripped RCA terminal or one pre-made with 2 wires at the end. Solder the RCA onto the speaker wire you ran from the amp. This wire will plug in to the output labeled SW, SUB, or something like that indicating subwoofer. The with the single wire you ran from the amp, hook this to the remote turn on indicated on the radio's wire harness.

4) Finally, give everything a test you should be able the fully tune the sub through the radio depending on what your chosen radio can do.

I hope I was thorough enough for you but feel free to ask any questions!

Reply to
Maxima

"Maxima" wrote in news:4d5eed16$0$4270$ snipped-for-privacy@news.aliant.net:

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of much help here. What's needed is very specific wiring-diagram-type information, which I do not have.

If the Acurazine post contains correct electrical information, then it should work. If not, Techinfo will have (for ten bucks) the details you need.

Good luck.

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
Maxima

"Maxima" wrote in news:4d5f1c94$0$4286 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.aliant.net:

It's Honda's official site for all service and repair information. It's basically what the dealers get. Ten bucks buys you all-you-can download for three days. It's a hell of a deal, believe me.

Reply to
Tegger