2003 Honda Accord Stereo System

I have noticed these cars are designed with a completely different system then the 2002 and earlier models. Is it possible to install say an amp with lows, or is that not possible?

The stereo system is built into the car with all of the heating, etc... options, so that does not look possible. To bad Honda did that, no aftermarket stereo systems.

Thanks

Reply to
mopa

I believe this is what you're looking for.

That will allow the installation of an aftermarket head unit. Personally, I just installed a set of subwoofers and an amp in the trunk. As long as the amp has "high level" inputs, you can tap the signal from the rear speakers. Keep in mind that the factory unit does not have a 12v remote power on wire, so any amp would have its remote on lead wires into the fusebox to a fuse that turns on and off with the ignition. That way, you amp turns on and off with the car. The downside to this, is that you can't really turn off the stereo because the amp won't turn off and without any signal to the rear speakers, they will microphones and send feedback into the amp and out the speakers. Believe, this sounds nasty with subs. Of course, with an upgraded stereo why would you ever turn it off? If you want quiet, just turn the volume to 0 and you won't have that problem. I suppose you could also install some sort of relay to turn off the amp when the stereo is off but the guy who installed mine was an idiot and in the end, I decided to live with this weakness just so that moron wouldn't touch my car again.

In the end, if you want a good aftermarket stereo, then that adapter at that link is the product for you.

Reply to
Sean D