How do I remove the glue from the paint??

Some bastard just stole the saab emblem from the rear of my 9000S. Looks like they used a screwdriver or pocket knife as they left a deep 2.5 inch gouge right in to the metal. Before I touch-up the paint, does anyone know what I need to clean up the glue residue??

Reply to
Fritz001k

Usually a "cleaner wax" is all you need.

Reply to
- Bob -

To remove pieces of glue. Try to use the tool that women use to dry their hair. In the Netherland we call it a Fuhn. It works on electra and looks like a gun. It gives a low heat and that is what makes the glue residue soft like a piece of gum.

Suc6

Pieter "Fritz001k" schreef in bericht news:XKUSc.10$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

Ah yes - in USA'n English we call this, oddly enough, a "Hair drier". That should work, or there are commercial adhesive removers ("Goo Gone" might be one to try). I'd worry about any chemical's effect on paint, though, so as they say "Try in a hidden area" first.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hello Dave, Thanks for the words. Just lost one of my dogs and that makes me a litlle difficult to find the right words. But to go on a safe way: try the hair drier first. That will probebly do it.

Pieter "Dave Hinz" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

I understand completely, and you have my sympathies. That is a very difficult time.

Agreed, start with the least likely to harm the finish first, and work your way up towards a nuclear detonation. Hopefully you get to stop before you reach that point.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz