"I can't believe that we were so stupid," Lutz said of GM.

Finally...he admits it!

Lutz's plan of selling one car in all markets makes sense. Unfortunately, attempts by Ford to do the same thing only got the company mired in details..see the Ford Contour, Escort and Focus.

Even current Saabs sold globally have to be modified for local market requirements (usually for safety, emissions, or other local technical reasons).

- tex

Reply to
Tex