SAAB 9-5 PCV Replacement

PING Dave Hinz

How did the investigations go? What did you find? Most importantly .... Is it fixed?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Not fixed, on hold pending Saab's announcement/decision re: retroactive

8 year warranty. In the meantime I'm driving an '86 900, so it's not a problem.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 02/02/2005 21:17:

Ah good (about the latter - turbo, I trust?) ... Shame, the 9-5 is a classy ride. All the best with the claim. There's been some increased talk about the matter on the forum boards I frequent.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Nope, bare stock 900, 8-valve. Comfortable as a worn-in running shoe, bought it for not much, and did minor work to get it ready (brake m/c, plugs, thermostat...I think that's all). Drips oil.

I haven't seen a real announcement yet, and once I do I'll make my request.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Nooo! A C900 that drips oil???

;-)

Reply to
Grunff

Well, sure. That's how you know it's got oil inside the engine. I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear that it's at the valve cover, and the distributor housing.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

A real workhorse, then! My old NA needed little more than new sparks, rotor arm and dizzy cap now and again.

Reply to
pjgh