Intermittent flat tyre

I have a 1995 9000 Aero. So this means alloy wheels. One tyre has suddenly gone completely flat twice lately but each time re-inflating it has lasted for several weeks. So it stays fully inflated for about three weeks then suddenly goes down fast.Any ideas why this might happen? Pete

Reply to
pmg

I have a 1995 9000 Aero. So this means alloy wheels. One tyre has suddenly gone completely flat twice lately but each time re-inflating it has lasted for several weeks. So it stays fully inflated for about three weeks then suddenly goes down fast.Any ideas why this might happen? Pete

Maybe you've got a nail in your tyre. And if you park with the wheel in a certain position it lets the air out?

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Neighborhood hooligans?

Reply to
Fred W

It once happened whilst we were driving, once whilst parked. Can't see any nail. Pete

Reply to
pmg

I had the same issue on my '94 9000 CSE. It turned out that the inside portion of the rim was bent and preventing the tire from sealing properly. This led of course to leaking air. It started out slow, but then got real bad. I replaced the rim with one from a junk yard.

Bring your tire to a tire shop and they can put it a tub of water and see where the air is leaking from. In my case it would only leak when there was weight on it.

Craig

Reply to
Craig