Loaner car: How do I close the 9-5 sunroof?

I brought in my car for service and got a 95 wagon as a loaner. I pushed the sunroof button and the sunroof tilted. I could not figure out how to open it. When I got home, I soon discovered that I could not close it either-it's stuck in the tilt position. No manual in the car either. This is an 05 with less than 4k miles. I have a feeling that it's not working properly. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Dan

It sounds like you're right. GM inspired quality levels score another point !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Try pushing the button forward.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Or, it could be that it's the normal operation. The sunroof has 3 positions - full open, closed, and "tilt". He just needs to move it "forward" until it gets to the middle position which is closed.

While GM deserves plenty of blame, I don't think this is one of those times.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That did it. That was the only combination that I did not try. I was pushing down on the ends which is how most sunroofs work. No arrows on the button either. Gr-r-r-r....

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Dan