Make his day? e-bay link

Sorry, this is a better link.

Steve.

Steve 9000

So he bought a car on Ebay and got done. If it needs to go the scrapyard (junkyard for those accross the pond) you will have to pay money for it. He paid a lot of money too ... nearly 600 GBP.

He is honest though :-)

Regards Charles

Reply to
Charles Christacopoulos

I honestly feel for him actually - it should have been a great deal based on the info provided and the model year involved - my take is he should be in touch with e-bay fraud about the whole business when he gets a moment.

There is nothing as annoying as being skinned on a car deal and a pox (electronic or otherwise) on those that did him.

Reply to
Dexter J

Why on earth would this guy scrub "the book with bleach to remove any record of servicing"? And since when does rust "go away" simply by putting your car in the garage? That is the oddest eBay car auction I've ever seen.

Reply to
ngwcaa

"ngwcaa" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Read the original description of the car. He bought it after seeing the original description, where the car didn't look to bad, and it was said that the car had a full service history. However, the car turned out to be crap.

However, he failed to follow the principle of assuming that everything the seller says is oxcrap, and instead doing his own research on the vehicle he is about to buy. No sympathy from me.

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

Hmm, that's true, but how much research can you do on a vehicle without the V5 and service history in your hands?

Even if you go to see the vehicle there would be no way you could spend an hour or more phoning round the various garages in the book. In addition ebay viewing can be a costly trip, it being a countrywide selling technique.

I think you are being a little harsh, and the original seller should be banned by ebay if the car really wasn't anything like the description. Also remember when you bid to buy on ebay, you are bidding to buy the car/item described. If the car did not very closely match the description I would say ebay rules mean he's due a refund.

Lets face it an ebay ad has enough room to get loads of detail in, unlike a newspaper ad which is only twenty odd words.

I'll get off my soap box now...

Al

Reply to
Al