Mk 4 tdci Mondeo

Hello All

Just wondering if any of you knowledgable people have mileage for a cam belt change on one of these

cheersd

Reply to
George

I believe they use a chain.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thats what I thought also, But there are sellers on ebay selling belts and tentioners for these

Reply to
George

sorry forgot the link

George

I thought the tdci is a 2 litre or a 2.2 litre, rather than 1.8

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

Nope.

Mk 4's have a 1.8 diesel option, using the Lynx engine, and it does have a cam belt.

That brings the diesel engine options to eight; 1.6. 1.8, 2.0, and 2.2, in various power ratings!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

aaaargh is that the one that has a chain drive pump and a belt to the cam (from the pump) ? I have only come across that lump in Focuses and in those the replacement interval has been lowered to 8 years max or 100k So if that is what the OP has then he should look at getting it done fairly soon.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

I believe so.

The OP's car must be '07 on, so unless due on mileage he's OK for a bit.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

ah, I had read 2004 somewhere, must be a different thread. I can't keep up with calling them by model numbers, it is too confusing.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks all

The mk3 2.0 tdci has a chain

the new Mk4 from what I have read online is indeed a belt

cheers for the info

the cars done 58k so ok for a while but a job for the nearish future

thanks again

Reply to
George