Musical Air Horns

Mate of mine has a BMW 325, he's just fitted a set of these:-

I want some for my C900, obviously I'd leave the original horn in for the normal MOT purposes. These I would have on a separate switch, for announcing my arrival at the UK SOC National etc.

You can get other tunes but I must have these TODAY, and Bridge over the River Kwai is a cool tune. Dukes of Hazard (Dixie) and La Cucaracha are also available if anyone else is interested.

Al

Reply to
Al

Oh please... don't be a chav in a 900.

Reply to
MH

in article pksXf.151818$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 01/04/2006 11:10:

LOL :) Dixie horns are always funny ... Best saved for a Capri or a Manta A?

I have a twin air horn installation on the list of things to do. The air horns take, say, a second to really fire up, so a little 'blip' on the horn will actuate the normal horns, but a full-on "look out" ... "or I don't appreciate you carving me up" kind of horn will activate the full airhorn system and get 'em a scare!

If you can get " On Ilkla' Moor Baht 'At" (the National Anthem of the Free Republic of West Yorkshire), I'll buy one :) I reckon the notes used in the Dixie horn _could_ make up "On Ilkley Moor" ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Please, please say this is an April fool's joke.

Reply to
Grunff

in article 442e858e$0$5281$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Grunff at snipped-for-privacy@ixxa.com wrote on 01/04/2006 14:52:

Ding!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Yeah it sure is!

Sorry I love April Fools day, just a big (nearly 40yr old) kid at heart! I wouldn't even wave these chavmeister things in the general direction of my C900, let alone fit them...

Don't be offended, none was meant, just a bit of fun. And yes, I've been had as many times as I've pulled April fools jokes. Hate to say it, but I think BMW have always led the field in terms of advertising jokes:-

My favourite isn't here though, it was a screen that was made to the drivers prescription so he didn't need his glasses to drive. Absolute class from the Bavarians there!

Al

Reply to
Al
[snip]

Talking of spoof BMW adverts...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

in article wTSXf.154659$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 02/04/2006 17:22:

I still reckon we can re-wire Dixie horns for our county's national anthem :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday