My cheapo Saloon

- link to pics. It's ugly isn't it? Not bad for £69though :-) It all works too now. I went to Maplins today and got some resistors to tweak the APC a little. Wish I could find the soldering iron though :-(

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Mike P at snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote on 15/08/2004 13:17:

That's a tidy looking car there Mike. Worth the money (all 69 quid of it) and most likely worth looking after a little. I adore the sand interior on black 900s and the flat nose is sweet. I assume you're aware of

- it's an excellent resource for APC tuning. Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

In the last year, it's had a recon gearbox, recon turbo, new clutch, new discs and pads, 2 new balljoints and 1/2 a new exhaust. It's got 2 new tyres on the front, I put one on the back and fitted a new brake caliper and it passed the MOT. Even the cruise works! Only thing that doesn't is the passenger side rear electric window. So far, the car has cost me about £190 all in! It needs some tidying - mainly the rust on the arches, but apart from that it's perfect! Once I fit the missing dump valve, then I'll tweak the APC. I don't want much more out of it, but I'd like the boost to come in quicker and a little more urge in the mid range. I had one of Matt's APCs and it was pretty much spot on. That's what I want out of mine.

Thanks! mike

Reply to
Mike P

Yes, good value. You can hardly get a new tyre for that price. But once you start this journey of tweaking it will never end. Just concentrate on getting the car into an ordinary state and repair/replace worn parts. Then you will have luxury transport for less than a moped.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Danm beats my 9000 2.3 16 valve with six months tax and mot for £150 sold it sixmonth later with out third and fourth and dodgy ECU for £100 nicest car i have owned or had the use of been driving since 1964

Reply to
Teal'C

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Mike, I thought yours was a 2 door?

Btw, that isn't one of those rare 900 Turbo CDs is it (the diplomatic version with the longer wheel base)?

Wow, even with mechanicals, you got yourself a fantatic little bargain there.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

See if you can get the switch apart and clean it.

I've read somewhere that that will work in most cases, then it is testing the motor.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Still baffles me how used cars are so cheap over there. Here in the states you could advertise it for 10 times what you paid and it'd be gone in a day.

Of course the steering wheel is on the wrong side :)

Reply to
James Sweet

Yeah, blame cheap finance deals and the fact everybody wants to buy new. Anything 10 years old is a banger in most peoples eyes! (suckers!) Also old Saabs don't rock everyone's boat + they're relatively heavy on fuel...

I bought my last 9000i for £100, OK not rocket ship but it was a pretty solid drive...

Reply to
Chris