Needed 1999 9-5 engine

Hi all, Just recently seized this engine due to a major oil sludge problem. Anyone out there know of a low mileage replacement engine distributor in the Northeast??

Reply to
EastCoastOutdoorsSRT

out there know of a low mileage replacement engine distributor in the Northeast??

Major oil sludge on a '99? Was the oil *ever* changed?

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes, odd indeed. He also might want to mention any details like the number of pistons?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

It was last changed in Oct 03' put 6,000 miles. Car was stalling, dealership replaced the throttle body, 2 weeks later car stalled again...this is when the sludge problem was discovered. Owned the car for

13 months

Reply to
EastCoastOutdoorsSRT

It's a 2.3 4 cyl. 5 speed. I dropped the sump last weekend...cleaned, refitted. Just got an order of Auto RX to run through the engine. If this fails a used engine is going in to give the car a new lease on life. I know the catalytic converter right up against the sump is a major concern. I think this design issue was addressed in the 2004 models.

Reply to
EastCoastOutdoorsSRT

First I've heard of this "design issue", but...sludge doesn't come from external heat, it comes from neglecting oil changes. But good luck getting an engine and all that.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sludge build up on the later B2*5 engines is actually not that un-common, partially down to the crap pcv system design, and oil changes from the top. They really need to be drained properly.

-- Why not give the forums a try?!

Murphwiz

He said it was changed last 6000 miles, which is a bit late, but not late enough that it should destroy the engine. I wonder how it was maintained previous to him owning it? I bet the original owner was one of those people who *never* changed the oil.

Reply to
James Sweet