Oh dear

Lost 1'st and 2'nd on my 1993 9000 CSE. No warning or anything, just while driving along, 2'nd wasn't there. Expensive?

Reply to
Johannes

Quite likely just the shift link rubber couple - if that's the case then cheap and quick. You can see it if you look down the bulkhead (in the engine bay) on the passenger side (UK).

Reply to
Grunff

Sounds promising. Indeed the gear lever can be moved at full length and breadth, but it doesn't find 1'st and 2'nd. I'll have a look later.

Reply to
Johannes

It was indeed a split rubber doughnut S100000007576416 in the linkeage, but not easily accessible, from anywhere. I took it to the dealer, he replaced the block. It was a relatively quick fix.

Reply to
Johannes

You should try replacing the clutch master - then you'll know how inaccessible things can get...

Glad it was just the link, not the gearbox.

Reply to
Grunff

Yes, it was a big relief. I'm looking for work at the moment and really need my car to drive to interviews. At the same time, money are rather tight, CV to anyone interested...

Reply to
Johannes

Best of luck - hope you find something suitable soon.

In case I (or anyone else reading) knows anything useful, what's your field? I know it's software, but can't remember any more.

Reply to
Grunff

You can find out lots of things on

also linkingto my homepage on bottom of page.

Reply to
Johannes