Opinion on US 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero

I just finished a 24 hour test drive of a US 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero fully optioned out. It seems like a very nice car. Exterior styling is eye pleasing. Interior is pleasant though I am not nuts about the metal-brush interior trim pieces. The back seat room is a bit cramped in leg room. I was surprised that the sport suspension with performance tires seemed fairly compliant and yet tight in the twisties. I did a load thump/bang when I hit a pot hole while accelerating; did the suspension hit the stops?

I would be interested to hear comments from any owners of the 9-3 Aero US model...

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I should add that it had the 6 Speed MT and I was driving it in 23 degrees Fahrenheit weather. The shifter seemed OK, but I just read about 6 Speed MT problems with grinding gears at

Dan