Ping v4 experts - 96 question

Did 96s come with a black vinyl roof? Not the whole roof, but a square in the middle? Does this roll back/fold back?

TIA

Reply to
Grunff

Yes - I had a '62 96 with this fabric sunroof; a handle at the front-center is turned to unlatch it, and it manually slides back quite a ways. I kept the roof when the car disintergrated due to rust.

Can probably scare up some pictures if you're interested. It's a lot like the VW sunroof of the days; I'd recognize the brand name of the mechanism if someone said it, or I could go look.

If you have the parts microfiche, it's listed, I believe it went back to the late 93 days if I'm not mistaken?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks Dave - I just wanted to make sure it's not an after-market item, since I've never seen it before. I'm thinking of purchasing a 96 with such a roof.

Sadly I don't have the parts microfiche - that would be a very nice thing to have. Even better on cdrom.

Reply to
Grunff

I think the name on the handle is "Golde", come to think of it. What year

96; a V4 seems late but maybe not. Could check the fiche if you'd like, but it'd be this evening late (my time, maybe 7-8AM your time).

I wonder if Saab would go ballistic if those fiches were to find thier way into a digital format... Do you suppose that's an "It's easier to ask forgivness than be granted permission" kind of thing?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

1973

Nah, don't worry about it - that would be too late for me anyway. I think I've made my decision. Will let you know what happens.

What, as in the old "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."? Yes, I believe this applies here.

Reply to
Grunff

I've decided against the idea - suspect there is more rust there than I'd like. I won't quote the seller's email, but it was enough to put me off on grounds of rust.

Pretty car.

Reply to
Grunff

AFAIK.....Golde went down late seventies and there are no spareparts anymore.

Erik

Reply to
Erik de Fotograaf