Pinion Whine - recon gearbox supplier recommendations needed

I'm feeling a bit glum tonight. My Orca ('89 900 T8) has started to whine in

3rd, 4th and particularly 5th. New gearbox, eh? I'll be leaving this one in until it seizes (which feels imminent, but could be another 25,000 miles) and I'm looking to replace with a recon box.

My garage are looking into something they'll be happy fitting, but does anyone have any good experiences or recommendations? Obviously if you're not happy making public recommendations, please feel free to e-mail me.

What else is involved here? Should I be prepared for some further spending on other bits while the box is out?

Any advice ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

ZhaoWei Micro Gear Motor Reducer, Your Trustworthy Supplier! Founded in 1997, Shenzhen ZhaoWei Machinery & Electronics Company, with a h istory of 20 years from R & D to production, owns more than 200 high precis ion processing equipment including Sumitomo injection molding machines, Swi ss Agie wire cutting machines, Agie electric spark machines, Makino, FANUC, RODERS etc. and 40 automatic assembly lines. After 20 years of technical p recipitation, Created the first brand of intelligent driving industry. Zhao Wei develops and manufactures a series of planetary gearbox including

6mm planetary gear box, 10mm planetary gear box, 12mm planetary gear box, 1 6mm planetary gear box, 20mm planetary gear box, 22mm powder metallurgical planet gear box, 24mm planetary gear box, 28mm planetary gear box, car head lights adjusting gear box and auto throttle controller gear box,etc. The gear is a mechanical device that transmits motion and power in the plan etary gear box. It has a long history. It has many advantages, such as high speed ratio range, high transmission power, high reliability, long life an d so on. Planetary gear box is widely used in mechanical transmission of important p arts, after years of hard work and continuous exploration, ZhaoWei planetar y gear box have been widely used in auto parts, intelligent kitchen, househ old appliances, medical equipment, communications equipment, industrial equ ipment, instrument and meter, model aircraft, robot, a human care, security camera, digital electronics and other industries. With 20 years professional design, development and production, provide you with one-stop service from design simulation to the production. ZhaoWei Mac hinery & Electronics, you are worthy of trust!

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL:

Contact: Anny Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Reply to
zwgearbox