Pollen Filter (Classic 900)

Now I've given up smoking, I'm much more aware of how useless the few scraps of horse hair I have pretending to be a cabin filter are :)

What are the aftermarket options? This seems to fit the bill:

anyone have any comments about this product? My car is a 1989 900 T8.

Ta muchly.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I have one in each of our 900s, and they're very good. A *lot* better than the loose fiber stuff that comes as standard. You do lose a bit of airflow though.

Reply to
Grunff

in article bkvgtu$6hgsf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-152899.news.uni-berlin.de, Grunff at snipped-for-privacy@ixxa.com wrote on 25/09/2003 20:49:

Cool. I'll take that as a recommendation. How many Saabs do the family Grunff have now?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

3x C900s and 1x 9k, but the 9k is now retired and proving a very useful donor. Lots of compatible parts.

Also an 87 325i (great fun) and a rusty rover 100 whose sole purpose in life is to carry stuff, mainly rubbish, around our property, and be driven around fields when drunk.

Reply to
Grunff

in article bkvjmm$64tgf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-152899.news.uni-berlin.de, Grunff at snipped-for-privacy@ixxa.com wrote on 25/09/2003 21:36:

An old 9000, I take it? How much '94 onwards is useful to a classic 900 addict? I only ask because a colleague has one and probably wouldn't miss the odd few things :)

When my first Saab 900 "broke" I looked at a few 318s and 325s from the later part of the '80s, but couldn't really find one that wasn't (a) rusty in the boot and behind the back wheels or (b) tinted and pimped. Nice cars though and in a few years will probably lose the "Beamer" tag and become good classics. I gave up the Bimmer hunting as a bad job and by chance found another Slaab buried at the back of a car lot whilst looking at a Vauxhall Carlton of all things :)

Please tell me the Rover 100 is the Metro-like thing, not the early '60s Rover 100? We had a 1300 MG Metro for a while, which got "retired" due to three attempted thefts, two rear-ends and a punch in the side with an Astra estate :( Fun car! I can imagine drunken field hopping :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

An 87, yeah. Less useful stuff on a 94, but still a few things under the bonnet interchange.

My 325 was owned by an old boy for the first 12 years of it's life. Much loved, never abused. No rust.

Hehe...No, it's a J reg Metro thing which someone I work with wanted to scrap, so I bought it for £50 to drive around the fields. Very rusty. Potential death trap.

My first car! When I was 17, I bought a B reg MG Metro 1300. Great car. Suffered badly in my hands.

Reply to
Grunff

You let your Rover 100 drink?? Is it old enough? Going just by rust can be misleading.

-- Andrew Stephenson

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

No court in the land would convict me given the state of that car...

Reply to
Grunff

I suppose that is one of the things I should look to change in mine. It looks a very grey colour (dusty dirty grey).

Although a friend who use to work for a Saab indy did say "It smells like a proper Saab". So maybe it isn't that bad yet.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

They do have that lovely unique smell, don't they. But it's not the filters - it's a rich mixture of organics oozing out of the interior plastics + glues.

Reply to
Grunff

in article bl0sr5$6u4je$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-152899.news.uni-berlin.de, Grunff at snipped-for-privacy@ixxa.com wrote on 26/09/2003 09:18:

... and more so with leather interior ...

I think it improves with age. My '85 smelt the best of the three I've had, so I can imagine the aroma of Carl's vintage :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday