pollen filter

Hi, I have a 1991 Range Rover LHD and would like to know if there is a paper (?) filter in the airco / ventilation system. When i activate the ventilation, pieces of paper ( scraps ) appear at the vent openings at the left a right side near the doors. It looks if they come of a filter but my garage says there is none. Does anyone knows if this is correct, and if there is a filter, how to replace it.

Reply to
J.Muller

rrx3

sadly no the only filter is a mesh like open cell foam in the intake grille to keep the flies out I have a sneaking suspicion the pan scrubs from our local pond shop are about the right width and thickness so those on the Disco will be getting the treatment shortly. Leaves used to blow out of Peggy's (RRC) air vents now and again no doubt odd scraps of paper may follow the same route. Derek Disco 200tdi

Reply to
Derek

J. Muller:

Your garage is correct. There are no pollen filters for the RRC. However, located in front of the wind screen are the clean air intake filters for the heating/cooling system. Pop the grills off and inspect that you have filters (its more like open cell foam). If not, as these do tend to become brittle with age and vanish, replace with new ones. In the meantime, you should be able to vacuum out the plenum space rectifying the leaf problem. Good luck.

Jack

Reply to
Jack