Possessed Windows

I parked my car on Thursday night and left it sitting in a parking lot. As I approached it four hours later, I noticed that both passenger-side windows were down about three inches. My first thought was that I forgot to roll them up, even though I was pretty sure they were down (it was raining pretty hard during the drive and I knew I wasn't that forgetful). Then I noticed that the sunroof was also open a couple inches. As I came around the driver side, both of those windows were down about three inches too.

I know for certain that I did not leave the windows and sunroof open. Somehow, they opened while it was parked.

As I started to drive, the windows fogged up a bit and I could see a distinct horizontal line on the glass where the window made contact with the weather strip while it was down. I could also see about five other marks on each of the windows. I never keep the windows partially down: they are either all the way up or all the way down. I'm pretty sure these were new marks.

So not only did the windows roll down just a few inches, but they were also open almost all the way at some point and at a few other levels in between.

Has anyone else seen something like this? This is a 2004 9-3 Aero. I've never seen it before (but maybe the windows always rolled all the up before I came back to the car). On Friday morning, the windows were all the way up with no signs of being down (they were covered in condensation). There was a recall for the sunroof anti-pinch protection that messed with my windows for a bit (the auto-up and comfort opening wouldn't work anymore), but that was fixed by the dealer a while ago.

If it weren't raining when I parked the car, I probably could have convinced myself that I just left them open by mistake. There's just no way I'd leave everything open in a downpour. It's bizarre.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Of course, I meant "pretty sure they WEREN'T down...."

Reply to
Shane Almeida

"Shane Almeida" wrote

Doesn't the Aero come with auto down windows? IIRC in that model if you hold the unlock key in for a few seconds the windows automatically opens to cool off before you go out.

Reply to
Stephen B.

Yes, but I didn't use it this time. And, when you do use the feature, the windows and sunroof go all the way down.

Reply to
Shane Almeida