Power Steering Fluid Question

Hi Folks... Just bought a wonderful 1987 900 Turbo....and have noticed a small leak in the Power Steering fluid reservoir which I should be able to fix with some new connectors. My question is this...The dealer has said that a litre of fluid will cost me $30....Boy....So are there any equivalents that I can use .... Thanks in advance...

Am based in Melbourne, Australia if that helps any.

Reply to
Graeme Richmond

The rack is a standard GM rack used on a very wide range of vehicles over the past 40 years.

Buy any normal automatic transmission fluid (usually red), and use it.

Reply to
Grunff

I use and have been using in my 1992 900s just regular power steering fluid. Auto zone about 2 bucks a quart. good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

$30 is pricey even for our Australian prices. I'm betting that was the price you were quoted for 'Saab' power steering fluid? 8-)0

Just buy any generic power-steering fluid made for GM power-steering racks and go with it. The power steering racks in Saab C900's are made by GM (I don't think they're specific just to Saab's, but they might be).

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site