Question for my Dog

Hi ther, Is there some-one who can tells me how or wher can I go to find sommething that can put my DOG in the safety belt. I have kno idea how to write this odd question but with a confurtable and a New Foundlander on the back seat. I prefer to have it strapped in. Some-one whit an idea??

Pieter The Netherlands.

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

Hi, Pieter.

Does your car have the tether-points behind the rear seat which are intended to hold a child safety saet in place? If so, that might be a good attachment point to use. If not, it's possible (actually, extremely likely knowing Saab) that the mounting holes are there and just covered. Could you order the tether mounting attachments?

Someone here could probably find a part number if you can't find it there.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hi Dave, again, I'm new on the Saab thing. I will probebly buy one next week. I just run in on a Saab 900 2.3 Cabriolet and I love it. My VW Passat is

200.000 and needs to be replaced before it breaks down on me. So I'm looking around to see where I have to go or look to resolfe some small problems for the actual buy. Thanks so far.

Pieter

"Dave Hinz" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

From the SAAB accessories catalog:

If link doesn't work, try searching for a "Batzi Belt".

Reply to
J. Harris

"Pieter J. Brons" wrote in news:cfig4f$6bn$2 @reader11.wxs.nl:

Fore the dog I would recoment following: Fully retract the passenger seat, and put the dog on the floor in front of the seat. Reg. the "confurtable", I don't know what it is.

Zapper Denmark

Reply to
Zapper Jones

Hi Zapper, confurtable = probebly the wrong word must be Cabriolet. Dogs are not alowed in the front, by law. But thanks enyway.

Pieter "Zapper Jones" schreef in bericht news:Xns9544CC40ADC01pingpongsumphotmailc@194.255.237.231...

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

Reply to
Fritz001k

Cabriolet works in English, and I think "convertable" is the word you're looking for. Please don't worry about your English, we can understand you just fine.

That's probably not a bad idea, actually. Were you able to find that dog harness someone else pointed out?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

We have a dog harness for our fox-terrier. We put him in the boot of our

9000 with the board removed. We can get the harnesses from our vets; I think they are made in Germany. So I assume you could use it for the back seat and just put the human seat-belt through it.
Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Saab offers a whole line of pet items for travel, including restraint systems. They were developed with the US Humane Society.

's in the Saab Catalog or you should be able to get it through a dealer.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Hi Dave, Just went to that site and gues what: they have the right harness. So thats great again a problem solved. Thanks for the man that gave me the adresss.

Pieter "Dave Hinz" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

To all who send their tips about the harness. A GREAT THANKS. Now we can take the dog with us in a Cabrio, when we buy it.

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter J. Brons

Thanks to a dog I got my excellent 93' 9000 CSE in 1997. It was a dog's car! The dog had occupied the boot space with the parcel shelf removed. The car was smelly like hell and hence put other buyers off. When I drove off, the 12 stone dog looked with troubled eyes to its owner.

I scrubbed every thing down with industrial cleaners and drive with all windows open for for the first year or so, retrieved dog hairs for the next couple of years, but now it's finally my car.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Our dog's harnesses have a clip on strap that plugs into later model seat belt stalks or else with more mature vehicles (like my 81 900T) the belt goes through the harness loop - 2 very happy border collies. This type also accepts leashes. The dog often walks much better than with a leash on its collar. Could be important with a Newfie!

Reply to
hippo