Re: 9000 clutch master cylinder

Hi,

> It should have a spring - at least the earlier ones did (as do > practically all clutch masters).

hrm, strange the old one didnt seem to have one, where might it have gone, lol

Good luck bleeding - I hate doing 9k clutch bleeding - they're > worse than a C900, even with a pressure bleeder.

i actually bled the clutch in 1 minute, i used a 50 ml syringe,

1 meter of washing fluid pipe and about 25ml of brake fluid, i just opened the bleed valve, opened the brake fluid reservoir and filled it up, when there was almost nothing in the syringe left, the air bubbles stopped coming and i saw the clear liquid coming out. :) the pressure point is in the middle of the pedal travel and all seems fine so far, i will bleed the clutch again when i can get into the workshop tho.
BTW, if you haven't replaced your slave, there's a good chance > it will fail soon :-( They seem to always fail shortly after you > replace the master (maybe it's having new brake fluid in there, > I don't know).

well that is okay with me as i probably want to renew the clutch disc too (with an AP one) and if i am unlucky, the transmission too. but maybe the lower motor mounts help, as my problem just happens in 3rd, on right turns :) and the mounts are more than shot! they are not even there anymore :D the previous owner replaced the transmission and clutch ... but maybe he didnt replace the master cylinder, so i am having the opposite of what you told me :)

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Hi again,

... oh how wrong i was. car was driving fine for 3 meters and then the clutch acted up again, guess i really have to pressure bleed it, now after all i read i wish i could replace the feed hose too, but i dont have right now :/ ill just keep my fingers crossed about the slave cylinder.

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

:-)

Yes, been there. Feels firm to start with, but doesn't take long to go soft again. The 9k clutch is a real bitch. I've tried vacuum bleeding, pressure bleeding, bad language, and a combination of all of the above. It always seems to take at least half an hour to bleed regardless.

Reply to
Grunff

oh bleeding the clutch is such a bitch, now i have this huge bottle standing there, set to 3 bar pressure with a modified reservoir cap and now i dont have brake fluid left, its getting dark and raining. hope i can still get some later when the second car is back home. grrr.

Reply to
Simon Putz