Howto: Bleeding 505 S Clutch

I have a 1984 Peug with a very soft clutch. I've just spoken with the mechanic working on it to learn that he tried to bleed the clutch from a bleed valve under the master cylinder and this has resulted in air entering the master cylinder he cannot get out. The car now has no clutch.

Can someone tell me the correct procedure to bleed the clutch on a 1984 505 S and any additional info which might help - like the contact info for a mechanic who knows Peugeot in the Annapolis, MD area.

Thanks in advance. Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Fawcett

I believe the correct procedure in this case is to tell the mechanic who messed it up to get it fixed at his own expense.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

nipples on both and back bleed the clutch using the brake pedal(i suggest changing the brake fluid first so that clean fluid is bled through)

Reply to
Mindwipe

You need to force fluid from the bleeder back through the system. The way I've done it before is to take a clean (new) pump oil can partially filled (half?) with brake fluid and fit a hose from the oil can sprout to the bleeder. Use small clamps if you want to. Open the bleeder and pump brake fluid back through the system. Either have someone watch the brake fluid reservoir or take some fluid out so it does not overfill and make a mess. Close the bleeder and try the clutch. This should get the air out of the sytem and the clutch should work. Hope this helps.

Reply to
John Coleman