Red light on dash - 1987 T16

Hi, can anyone tell me what the big red light with an exclamation mark in it means? It's the one on the far RIGHT of the instrument panel... it's not the "check engine light". I didn't even know this red one existed until it started coming on and off today..

what's it telling me ?

Thanks! Mike

Reply to
Mike P

I don't know that light. That's strange.

I think it's telling you to check your owner's manual to see what that light means, maybe? Dunno...let us know when you find out.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hi Dave,

I've never seen the light either :-) I'm at one end of the country, my manual's at the other so I thought maybe you or Grunff might know.

cheers! Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

It seems it may be brakes. My friend just called - he has a Bently manual but the light isn't in there! He says it's brakes and ABS on his..

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike P

I've got the Bently manual too, but it's also not where I am. I don't think '87 _had_ ABS, and I think that light says "ABS". On my '86, on the right, is the brake fluid reservoir light, and then the "reset the emissions switch" light, but neither of those are !'ing at me.

How's your brake fluid level? Been a while since you did pads?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

'92 900T16S;

From a '88 900 owner's manual

text says; low brake fluid level in the reservoir. I say; check level and float switch in the reservoir cap.

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '91 900i 16

MH

Don't you just love international signage? Equally ununderstandable by all!

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

There's a dutch girl in wooden shoes, waving what looks like a cat. What's that telling me, exactly?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Or even check pad wear as that causes level to drop too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar