Reverse lights intermittent on an auto '94 900S

Hi. Wondering if anyone can shed any light on how to correct an issue I have when putting the transmission into Reverse. The rear reverse lights intermittently operate. If I fool around with the auto by clicking past it and back up to Park, I get the lights to work (most times).

$64 question is...where is this switch mechanism and how can I get to it so as to give it a little TLC?

thanks all,

john.

Reply to
xeno

I looked it up in Haynes. They say the switch is on the end of the transmission case (seems to be same for Auto and Manual). From te small photo, it looks like you can access it from on top when you open the hood. Look for a connector with two wires that screws into the transmission there. Haynes says intermittent operation is one failure mode. You might be lucky and just find the connectors are dirty, but...

Reply to
Turubo

Thanks Turubo...I'll take a look on the weekend.

Reply to
john