SAAB 9-5 Washer Jets

Just recently my drivers side washer jets has been quite weak. When I lifted the bonnet and had a look the 'Y' piece that splits the screen wash between the 3 jets appeared to be leaking. When I took it out of the car and dismantled it, it appeared to have a little vale with 2 washer inside.

Does any one know what this does?

I have taken it apart and removed the valve and blocked the hole and all seems well.

Reply to
David Griffith

The valve should prevent the fluid from draining back into the washer reservoir. Without the valve you have to wait for the hoses to fill up before any washer fluid is sprayed on the windshield.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

If they leak, replace 'em... They'll waste an unbelievable amount of washer fluid, and you'll be refiling the reservoir far too often.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

Reply to
MikeYankee