Saab 900

Hi!

Just bought a 1985 900, with the 16V turbo engine under the hood. Are there any specific and typical weaknesses I should be aware of?

Reply to
Jens FH

meld_b

Your ability to remain restrained and not go racing other drivers. :)

Reply to
David Taylor

Min one, as previously mention is transmission.

My 84/85 16v Turbo will on occasion pop out of 1, and 2 and sometimes (though very rare) 3.

Chances are, depending on Mileage, ball joints, maybe bushes, most of your vacuum hoses will need replacing.

But they are good cars.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

bushes? hmmmmmm..... bushings? Or was that like when the ball joint goes you'll end up in the bushes? Sorry - couldn't resist :-)

-meld

MeatballTurbo wrote:

Reply to
meld_b

No, really - over here we call them bushes.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks Fella.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Jens FH wrote: :: Hi!

Hi Jens. Are you in DK?

:: Just bought a 1985 900, with the 16V turbo engine under the hood. :: Are there any specific and typical weaknesses I should be aware of?

As mentioned, the gearbox. If you want it to last, don't make the wheels spin. Check the front enginemount.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Nei, bor i Norge jeg..from Norway..

Thanks to all for the tips! I have already personally encountered that gearbox :-/

Reply to
Jens FH

My 1986 has over 130,000 miles and still runs GREAT!

...Bob

Reply to
Bob

My 1986 has over 130,000 miles and still runs GREAT!

...Bob

Reply to
Bob

Oh, oh, another guy named "Bob" posting here... and I thought that name was unique !

I've just decided to become -Bob-. Regards,

-Bob-

Reply to
Bob

Likewise. 131k just passed another years MOT. some where in the transmission, but starts everyday on the button.

gets me to work, gets me home, stops when it needs to and keeps me warm.

Oh yeah, and goes bloody quickly if I hoof it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'm also known as Baab.

Reply to